Extracts from the journals of American Zen monk Wonil, illustrated by scenes of temple life, the surrounding mountains and forests, and the streets of Seoul, form a visual poetry that conveys far more than word or image alone.
The love had become something tangible, a glowing presence that surrounded me. It lit the dark forest, slowly drifting through the rain and fog like an apparition..
There’s no state of mind that remains constant, yet we are never resolved to this, no matter how far along. We refute it, because we know in truth there is a constant. Our entire struggle is to reveal it, once and for all.
I was a phosphor cloud of burning white. How long before I began drifting above the earth? …a thing of light; giving and receiving, a membrane made to collect the emanations from the source… there was no other activity.
- December 28 – Finished work on Dharma Fragments, submitted to the Busan International Short Film Festival the same day.
- January 1 – Began work on the Dharma Fragments fundraiser, the larger framework. More info soon.
- January 4 – Submitted Dharma Fragments to the Brussels Short Film Festival.
- January 5 – Submitted to the Cinalfama Lisbon International Film Festival, Portugal.
- January 7 – Submitted to the Mecal Pro, 23rd Barcelona International Festival and the Barcelona Indie Filmmakers Festival
- January 8 – Submitted to the Buenos Aires International Film Festival, the Alwar International Film Festival, India and The Buddha International Film Festival, India
- January 10 – Submitted to the Curtas Vila do Conde International Film Festival, Portugal, the KinoDUEL International Film Festival, Russia, the Film Frames International Film Festival, India, and the Cosmo Film Festival, India
- January 11 – Submitted to the Esoteric International Film Festival, Russia and the Oldenburg International Film Festival, Germany
- Dharma Fragments is an Official Selection of the KinoDUEL Film Festival, Moscow. Thank you KinoDUEL!
- January 15 – Submitted to the Torino Underground Cinefest, Italy
- Dharma Fragments is an Official Selection of the Cosmo Film Festival, India. Thank you Cosmo!
- Dharma Fragments is an Official Selection of the Esoteric International Film Festival, Moscow. Thank you Esoteric!
- Finished initial shooting for Liberation, the final segment of Dharma Fragments, in Jeollanam-do, South Korea. We are now editing and planning new shots to enhance the entire production.
“The great love, great peace of the One Mind is the true emotion.”